Try this to reset the error.
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
- Turn off the printer
- Press and hold RESUME button, then press and hold POWER button
- Release the RESUME button
- Next press and release the RESUME button two more times in succession, then release POWER button.
- Press RESUME button for 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function, the lamp will alternate color with each key press.
- Service/Factory test printout, including ink sensor check.
- EEPROM - Info printout.
- EEPROM Initialization.
- Reset the Waste ink counter.
- Printer model setting. (More selections beyond this point however it is best leave them unaltered you have been warning)
To reset counter Canon PIXMA iX4000 or iX5000 you have to enter to service mode. Procedure to enter to service mode on Canon PIXMA iX4000 or iX5000 is as following :
- Connect the Canon PIXMA iX5000 or iX4000 printer to the power cord. ( note : If the automatic power-on function is enabled in the printer, the printer enters the service mode for the first time, but it will never enter the service mode if the printer is turned off by the Power button. This is because the printer remains to be turned on internally if the power is turned off by the Power button. To prevent this, disconnection of the power cord is required before starting the printer in the service mode ) .
- With the Canon PIXMA iX5000 or iX4000 printer powered off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (note : Donâ€™t release the buttons. The Power LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
- While holding the Power button, release Resume/Cancel button. (Donâ€™t release the Power button.)
- While holding the Power button, press Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons.
- When the Power LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times to reset waste ink counter in the Canon Pixma iX5000 / iX4000. (note : If the Power LED does not light in green the printer does not enter the service mode, disconnect the power cord and plug it again. Then start from step 1 to start the printer in the service mode again).
- At the end of the service mode, press the Power button. The paper lifting plate of the sheet feed unit will be raised.
- Note :
- Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.
- Other specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below :
|Time(s)||LED indication||Function Remarks|
|0 times||Green (Power)||Power off|
|1 time||Orange (Alarm)||Service test print|
|2 times||Green (Power)||EEPROM information print|
|3 times||Orange (Alarm)||EEPROM initialization|
|4 times||Green (Power)||Waste ink counter resetting|
|5 times||Orange (Alarm)||Destination settings|
|6 times||Green (Power)||Print head deep cleaning (Cleaning of both black and color)|
Service manuals and repair information about laser, dot matrix, label printer and ink jet printers of different makes: HP, Canon, Epson, Ricoh, Star, Xerox, Okidata