Friday, September 17, 2010
step by step to resetting waste ink counter printer canon iP4000
1. With the printer plugged in and powered off, press and hold the
Resume/Cancel button, then press and hold the Power button.
Do not release the buttons. The LED light should be green to
indicate that a function is selectable
2. While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button,
do not release the Power button
3. While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times,
and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. Each time the
Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and
green, starting with orange.
4. When the LED light is green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times. Each
time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.
5. Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the reset is performed.
When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection
6. Press the power button to exit service mode.
Design of the Canon PIXMA MP476 All-in-one Inkjet Printer
The Canon PIXMA MP476 uses the same basic design as the PIXMA MP510. The black-and-silver body measures 451 x 353 x 169mm. The silver scanner lid conceals an A4-size flatbed scanner. Because the MP476 lacks an automatic document feeder, you can't scan legal-size documents.
The paper handling system is simple. A paper input support flips open in the rear and the front panel of the printer folds open to serve as the output tray. Next to the output tray is a small door that conceals two memory card slots. The slots accept most common types of memory cards, though some require an adapter (which is not included).
Hidden away under the memory cards is a PictBridge-enabled USB port (it's so hidden that we missed it on first inspection). You can use it to connect PictBridge cameras for direct printing, or to attach an optional Bluetooth adapter (sold separately) for wireless printing. The one thing you can't attach to the USB port is a flash thumbdrive; the Dell Photo 926 lets you print files from an attached flash drive.
The control panel is hidden underneath a flip-up panel on the top side of the printer. Embedded on the underside of the panel is a 1.8-inch graphical LCD. The control panel is basic, though well-organized. Buttons include task buttons for copy, scan, and memory card modes, menu navigation buttons, and two start buttons--one for black-only and one for color.
The PIXMA MP476 uses a two-tank ink system: One black and one tri-color. It ships with regular capacity cartridges, but you can replace both with high-capacity versions.
Step1: Manual for Service mode
1. Take of POWER cable and USB.
2. Open printer cover and Push + Hold power button
3. Put on POWER Cable
4. Close printer cover, let power button.
5. Turn on printer as usual & it should be not blinking more
Step 2 : Make it permanent
1. Connect USB cable & turn on Printer
2. Open “General Tools for iP1000″,
download click here
3. choose your USB PORT
4. Choose SET DESTINATION – 1
Service manuals and repair information about laser, dot matrix, label printer and ink jet printers of different makes: HP, Canon, Epson, Ricoh, Star, Xerox, Okidata