Saturday, September 24, 2011
Many readers wondering about the adjustment program or software resetter Epson R360. I want to share a link to download the R360 adjustment program information in this blog, but I know that this program works or not on the Epson R360 because I have not tested the program in the version of Epson printer.
Download Adjustment Epson R30 (2.45 MB)
Friday, September 23, 2011
Resetting the Waste Ink Volume Counter
1) Enter SERVICE MODE.---
By pressing [Menu] then [Copy] then [#]
2) Select TEST MODE. (using + or - keys)
3) Press the [OK] key.
3) Press the  key. (TEST MODE)
4) Press the  key.
5) Press the  key. (INK COUNT).
6) Press the [OK] key.
7) Press the [Stop/Reset] key
9) Press the [ON/OFF]
Open the cover printer, let the heads position themselves in the middle and then switch off the printer.
I then gently pushed the heads over to the left hand side. WIth a torch you can then see the 'ink tanks'on the RHS. It is two small 'pads'sitting within a black rubber surround. One is rectangular and the other is square. They are black and covered in ink.!! With small hands some delicate maneouvres and some patience you can just lift them (the pads -solid white blocks when washed) out with some tweezers or similar, wash them, dry them out and put them back. That is the easy way!
If you cant or if you drop one of them then the only other way i have found is a partial dismantling of the machine.Make sure you have the time and a clear head!
b) remove pin from white 'bracket' so lid tilts further back. The metal 'brackets 'will pop out.
c) remove plastic cover on rHS by removing two screws at front
d) remove screws retaining circuit board on Right hand side (be careful to reconnect any stray wires when it goes back together)
e) under the circuit board you find a screw retaining the top and the bottom of the printer together. Remove it.
f) on LHS with lid open you will also find a screw joining top and bottom as well as two screws at the back of printer (cant remember if you need to remove the plastic housing on the rear of the printer to find these screws??). Remove the two screw holding th top and bottom half together. Then the top half of the printer can be tilted back.Before you tilt it back Return circuit board to approximate position, metal 'brackets' into slot, rejoin white 'hinge' and close the lid ;Careful with wires.
g) then you have full access to teh printer 'waste ink tank'. Remove pads, wash and reassemble!!
MP-160 is different from MX300 so I tried my best with it...
The main solution is to reset the entire printer:
1. Disconnect the power cable
2. Connect it while holding down the power button
3. With the power button still down, press twice the "Cancel/Stop" red button
4. Release the power button
5. The printes turns into a kind of factory mode...(wait for about 10 seconds, utils it says "Idle")
6. Press the ">" (next to the "OK" button) once."Shipping Mode 3"
7. Press the "OK" button.
8. Press "OK" again for "Without cleaning"
9. A test page will print..
10. Open the cover, like you are about to change the cartridges.
11. Disconnect the power cable again.
12. Take out both cartridges.
13. Close the cover.
14. Connect the power cable once again.
15. Turn the printer on.
16. Now just put the cartridges back...